The Short Version….
I write, coach and teach women to ask for what they want, look after their own needs and empower themselves in all their relationships. I draw on experience and training in bereavement, domestic abuse, stress, mindfulness, meditation, Transactional Analysis and other therapeutic approaches to get you loving you. I have 2 sons who I love loads (and who sometimes drive me crazy).
….and if you want to know more
Why should you work with me? I’m not completely sorted and certainly not enlightened. I work, I’m a parent, a partner. I have been married, bereaved, divorced, dated and dumped. I’ve had time off work for stress, I don’t know everything and I get loads wrong. I’m just like you and you’ve probably got a whole load of skills and experience that I don’t have…so why pay to work with me?
If I was at interview I’d tell you:
- I’m a fully qualified life coach and I am insured, supervised and a member of the National Council of Psychotherapists.
- I’ve got a PhD which looked at the impact of loss on boys and emotions
- I have an MA in psychoanalysis (my dissertation was on cannabis psychosis)
- Another MA in education with a focus on gender, class, race, child development and leadership
- I have a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and another in Coaching (with distinction)
- For over 25 years I have been learning about, training in and experiencing various therapeutic approaches including Transactional Analysis, gestalt, person centered counseling, emotional intelligence, solution focused approaches, positive psychology and stress management.
- I first practiced meditation in India 26 years ago and continue to practice mindfulness, meditation and yoga. I draw on a number of spiritual traditions in my coaching and life
- I’ve presented at National Conferences on Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning
- I have facilitated leadership training for the National College of School Leadership
- I have volunteered in a children’s hospice and have learned about bereavement and mourning
- I am researching women’s experiences of domestic abuse and have learned about all aspects of domestic abuse, narcissism and co-dependence. I want schools to become more aware of what domestic abuse is so they can better support children and families
- I’ve written academic materials, taught at three universities, worked in schools, coached company directors and CEOs.
- I’ve written books and I’m an expert on Psychologies Magazine LifeLabs
Would you give me the job?
Of course, what we all know is that all that although all of that matters in an interview, what also matters is how we get on and how I you feel about me.
‘Sometimes she’s funny, sometimes she challenges me – always I come away with new ideas and expanded horizons’
Dave (Yes I do work with men too!)
As one of my favourite writers says:
‘I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.’
‘I’ve learned to appreciate what I have, how to get my own needs met and we got what we wouldn’t have in any other situation: ‘Julie’’ thanks, Mandy
Don’t come to me:
- For advice and guidance – I have no idea what you should do…only you do
- If you’d like some counselling – it’s not what I do… I can pass you onto some great people who are therapist and counsellors
- If you think I’ve got all the answers – I haven’t… you’d be very disappointed
- If you have a strict sense of principles and beliefs and want to convert other people to them
- If split ends, jeans with holes in and swearing in any way offend you
- If you think that life is a very serious and earnest matter
- For goodness sake don’t come to me if you think you’ve got life sussed and are completely, abundantly, joyously, happy with all that you do…get out there and do more if it
Do come to me if:
- You used to have a life and you’d like it back thank you very much
- You’re stressed
- You lose yourself in relationships
- You are recovering from a loss, ending or bereavement
- You are recovering from and abusive relationship
- You love your kids, your friends your partner and it’s still not enough (and then you feel guilty about not feeling grateful enough, and then you drink wine and eat chocolate/drink beer and eat crisps)
- You had all these great ideas about how life would be, what your work would be and what kind of parent you would be…and now you’re not sure what’s going on
- You want a laugh, if you want to be listened to, if you want to think about things from new angles
- You just want some time and space to say things out loud to get them clear in your head
‘No one can fail to feel a lift in self- worth working with her’
If you’re still reading it’s either because we’d get on in which case get in touch; or you’re bored, in which case boy do we need to get that sorted! I’d love to hear from you so email me at email@example.com